Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Geleerde Lessen

Good weather, great company and celebs in town have made for a great week. On Monday, the lot of us met at The Groot Melkhuis in Vondelpark for a delicious "1 half hour, 2 half hour" lunch. Ronan just couldn't decide what he wanted to order:

"Do I feel like pancakes or sausage? I just don't know."
What has been hilarious about this week is that somehow, Matt just keeps popping up. He unfortunately broke his phone within an hour of his arrival to Amsterdam, so it has been a little difficult to get in touch with him. Luckily, he always finds us and I think this GIF below pretty much sums it up (You may have to click on the picture):




Later that evening, Miguel, Elisa and I went to Dam Square to do some exploring. We popped into De Dokter, which is the smallest pub in all of Amsterdam. We quickly learned that the waitress eavesdropped all conversations that took place (The place was so small, it is impossible not to overhear) and then played a specific song about the person's story. When she played Rod Stewart's "Maggie May," we asked who that song was for. She replied, "This one was for me. I played it because I met Rod Stewart tonight; he was in here just before you arrived." We quickly asked which direction he went, grabbed a pen and paper (for autographs) and were off on a mission to find him. Although we came close, we didn't find him; but, to end the story happily, Matt found us.

Over the past week, Ronan and I have spent a lot of time with our friends Katharina and Marlene. Katharina has taught me how to make amazing coffee with warmed and frothed milk (Anyone who comes to my house for coffee when I get home will seriously be inclined to drop a thank you card in the mail for Katharina). Marlene has been trying to teach Ronan, Master of "Rolling Around", the fine art of sitting up without help.



As you can see, all this "sitting up business" was a little much for Ronan (also Master of "Lying around"), and so, he passed out at her house. Looks like I'll have to continue working on sitting with him, plus add in a little lesson on good manners.









No comments:

Post a Comment