Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Brussels Busted

Brussels has Pickpockets: MYTH BUSTED!
My dad's experiment (As mentioned in my last post), with all variables the same, proved that there are absolutely no pickpockets in Brussels. His wallet filled with Canadian Tire money and fake credit cards is still intact.


On the train to Brussels, I read through an amazing tourist information map for the city (recommended by Francisco's coworker). It explained that tourists often cry when they arrive in Brussels, but they will also leave Brussels crying. As I walked off of the train, I immediately smelled waffles and chocolate; I couldn't understand how Brussels could make anyone cry. However, shortly after, I almost had a complete and utter breakdown: It was 2:30PM and I was in need of a late lunch. Unbeknownst to me, most restaurants close after 2PM and don't open again until 6PM. Luckily, the crisis was averted (I just ate chocolate waffles) and I was able to move on without tears and take in the beautiful city.

        



The trip was a success and as my dad puts it, "We met goal." We saw amazing buildings, stores, parks and tasted the famous chocolate, waffles and fries with mayonnaise. We stayed at Aloft, which turned out to be a "very cool, very modern" hotel. Ronan was able to meet his role model (and worst influence ever) and I felt very lucky to have spotted some Brussel's Invader graffiti in person.







1 comment: