Sunday, May 26, 2013

Reypenaer Proeflokaal

After Sarah, Matt and Francisco found out I was a certified cheese tasting expert, they decided that they too would like to acquire certificates. We made an appointment at The Reypenaer Cheese Tasting Room, took the course and were excited to see who would, and would not, pass the test and be declared an exert in cheese tasting.


Francisco's Final Answers
Throughout the course, Sarah was able to successfully identify the different smells associated with each cheese, Francisco was a natural at identifying the age of all cheese presented, and Matt...well, Matt was good at eating the cheese.

Because I am already a certified cheese tasting expert, I may have not taken the course as seriously as I did the first time: I was caught cheating. Poor Francisco needed help identifying the colour of a cheese (We have always wondered if he's partially colour blind). Fortunately, the instructor let the incident slip; he did not revoke my certificate and also allowed Francisco to obtain his expert status. Sarah naturally passed with flying colours, but when the instructor signed off on Matt, I had to question the validity of the course.


You may have noticed above that Matt did not even submit a completed test. I wondered if the instructor was just having an off-day, but then Ronan even received a certificate, and all he taste tested was the actual piece of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment